RV Dump Sites in South Valley Sewer District Boundaries
Below you can find 5 different locations within the District boundaries where you can dump. The information is current as of July 2015.
1977 West 12600 South
Riverton, UT 84065
13893 Bangerter Pkwy
Draper, UT 84020
10419 South 4000 West
South Jordan, UT 84095
293 East 12300 South
Draper , UT 84020
5625 West 13100 South
Herriman , UT 84096
RV dump sites are intended for personal recreational vehicles only. Please report any commercial or suspicious activities to the District offices.
In accordance with SVSD Pretreatment Rules and Regulations, the following substances are prohibited from being introduced into the publicly owned treatment works (POTW) (sanitary sewer collection system or treatment plant) at any point, including RV dump sites:
1. Pollutants which create a fire or explosive hazard in the sewer system, including but not limited to, wastestreams with a closed-cup flashpoint of less than 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) using the test methods specified in 40 CFR 261.21;
2. Pollutants which will cause corrosive structural damage to the POTW, but in no case discharges with pH lower than 5.0.
3. Pollutants which will cause corrosive structural damage to the POTW, but in no case discharges with a pH of more than 12.0;
4. Solid or viscous pollutants in amounts which will cause obstruction of the flow in the POTW resulting in interference;
5. Any pollutant, including oxygen-demanding pollutants (BOD, TSS, etc.), released in a discharge at a flow rate and/or pollutant concentration which will cause interference with the POTW;
6. Heat in amounts which will inhibit biological activity in the POTW resulting in interference, but in no case heat in such quantities that the temperature at the treatment plant exceeds 40 °C (104 °F).
7. Petroleum oil, non-biodegradable cutting oil, or products of mineral oil origin, in amounts that will cause interference or pass through;
8. Petroleum oil, non-biodegradable cutting oil, or products of mineral oil origin exceeding 100mg/l;
9. Pollutants which result in the presence of toxic gases, vapors, or fumes within the POTW in a quantity that may cause acute worker health and safety problems;
10. Storm water, surface water, groundwater, artesian well water, roof runoff, subsurface drainage, swimming pool drainage, condensate, deionized water, noncontact cooling water, and unpolluted wastewater, unless specifically authorized by the SVSD.
11. Hauled waste of any kind, including septic tank, grease interceptor and industrial waste.